broken download ?? help ??

This is a second posting, I'm pulling my hair out .... !!!

I want to update my system, I type the following

apt-get clean
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade --fix-missing

The server at the other end persistently closes the connection before it
completes the download. Usually while downloading kdebase 4:2.2.2-14.2. I
have tried downloading at different times, I have shut down my firewall, I
have logged on and used a different ISP, all to no avail.

My /etc/apt/sources.list contains ...

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r0 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20020720)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

Any ideas ?
Is the server corrupt ?
Is this happening to anyone else ?

Dave
slightly stressed after the nth failed apt-get upgrade !!