Re: System dies after logging out of an X session

On Friday 31 January 2003 02:01, Marcin Chady wrote:
> I had to install the drm-trunk-module-src_2002.12.05-5_all.deb and
> xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2002.12.05-4_i386.deb from
> http://dri.sourceforge.net for my Radeon 9000, which seems to have gone ok
> since I do get the Xserver up, I can login through various display managers
> and run things like kde or twm. However, whichever configuration I use, the
> system crashes when I log out. Or to be precise, it becomes non-responsive.
> The keyboard and screen go dead, and I can only bring it back to life
> through a hard reboot, after which fsck reports that the file system had
> not been cleanly unmounted.

I had a very similar problem with my Radeon 8500 and CVS builds. The only
thing I found would resolve this was to disable DRI (commented out the load
line in the Modules secion of XF86Config-4). You should have a look at the
dri-devel maillist archives and see whether there are crashes reported there,
the radeon driver breaks pretty often for some days.

The packages you mentioned work fine for me BTW.

--
Got Backup?