Re: 384mb RAM installed but 57mb recognized at bootup..........huh ?

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Pigeon wrote:

> that go on a bender. :-) I suspect it of taking exponential time so
> it's quicker to test each DIMM separately rather than all three
> together, though I am prepared to be corrected on this.

It uses an ultrasonic sensor buried in all computers since 1984 to
detect whether the user is sitting in front of the computer.

If true, the code is run.

The code fragment is protected by NDA, but basically it uses a random
number generator from 1 to F, divides by the clock speed of the ram, and
multiplies the final answer by 16 via a bitshift to determine the run
speed.

If false, it operates at speed 1.

Mike.