booting reiserfs rescue

I'm looking for a way to make a network backup of an install, and
restore that to another box with a different size disk.

tomsrtbt would work fine if it supported reiser filesystems, because I'm
using them too -- I would boot the floppy, mount and copy to device from
nfs.

rsync seems an important tool for restoring images too.

the debian mkrescue program seems close to what I need, if only to get
a shell where I can format a disk and rsync an nfs (or maybe with ssh),
unfortunately I don't see doc on making a root filesystem, and of course
the destination machine has a blank disk.

I'm about to experiment and reverse engineer the bf2.4 install
floppies. But just because I could not find a suitable application
already made doesn't mean there isn't one. Any suggestions?

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org