Re: freezeups with Logitech wireless mouse

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:24:20PM -0500, Bob Paige wrote:
> I purchased the Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo (I really like
> it) but have always had some amount of trouble with them.
>
> Under Mandrake, I could never start X with the wireless mouse
> connected.  If I did, the mouse would be very jerky. Instead, I had to
> connect a wired mouse, start X, then connect the wireless mouse.
>
> Under Debian (and XFree86 4.2), if I start X with the wireless mouse
> connected, the computer freezes. I literally have to power-cycle it.
> If I start X with a wired mouse then switch, it works fine.
>
> Clearly, the mouse is the problem.

I use Logitech wireless mice on almost all of my systems with no real
problem.  I see the wireless mouse has a wheel, is the wired mouse also
a wheel mouse, and how is X configured (which protocol for the mouse).

> Related issue: the logitech mouse has a scroll wheel and an additional
> button for the thumb that I've never been able to get to work under
> Linux.

I haven't worked out a configuration that uses the thumb button either.

--
Jamin W. Collins