/dev/hdb :
 - /dev/hdb1 : / (root)
 - /dev/hdb2 : swap
 - /dev/hdb3 : /boot NOT IN USE
 - /dev/hdb4 : extended partition
   - /dev/hdb5 : /home
   - /dev/hdb6 : /usr

I've got two questions:

1. How can I mount the /dev/hda ( the bootloader says
/dev/hda1 ) (as root and/or as normal user) ?

2. Is it possible to clean ("format", initialize) the
/dev/hdb3 and set a new partition ( /tmp) there ?
I created during the first partition for redhat; It's
rather big as I didn't know a /boot should be small
and it was used to start the install of debian from
that partition.

Oh, and what type should be used ? I think /tmp or
/var but I don't know for sure.

Thanks in advance,

Joris Huizer