dist-upgrade question

Hi all,
  I'm running Testing on a PII 350 and attempted to do
a dist-upgrade last night.  Here is the results of the
apt-get -u dist-upgrade.
  My questions is why is it trying to remove the
task-x-window-system-core?  If I did this wouldn't I
have lost my "Desktop" and only had text only mode?
+++++
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  atlas2 libctl1 task-gnome-desktop
task-x-window-system-core
  atlas2-base coreutils dash guile-common guile1.4
libctl2 libgnet1.1-glib1 libguile-dev libltdl3-dev
The following packages have been kept back
  balsa debian-policy tetex-bin
The following packages will be upgraded
  ash console-data debconf debconf-utils dh-make
docbook-xml fileutils
  gnomeicu initrd-tools latex2html libctl-dev lintian
mpb sgml-data shellutils textutils xbase-clients
xfree86-common xlibs xlibs-dev xserver-common xutils
22 packages upgraded, 9 newly installed, 4 to remove
and 3  not upgraded.
Need to get 17.1MB of archives. After unpacking 1910kB
will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
++++
Thanks