Re: Activate SoundBlaster IDE interface

On Friday 24 January 2003 14:17, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 05:47, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Recently I had to connect a CDROM drive to the IDE interface of my
> > SoundBlaster 32 card, but the system only recognizes the first two
> > (onboard) IDE interfaces and not the sound card's one.
> >
> > Checking in /proc/isapnp I can see the interface but it says "Device is
> > not active". Can anyone please let me know how can I activate it? I've
> > searched in google, but I've only found information about activating it
> > in older kernels modifying some files or so..
>
> Since that interface hasn't changed in many, many moons, why not try
> the suggestions for the old kernels?

I thought there was some kind of support in more modern kernels... I remember
seeing some option in xconfig while configuring my kernel which did something
like search for ISA PNP cards at boot time. Maybe that will help some?  In
any case I'll try to use the other instructions I found.

Thanks for your help!

Ronald