Re: dist-upgrade question

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 06:17:29AM -0800, D. wrote:
>   My questions is why is it trying to remove the
> task-x-window-system-core?  If I did this wouldn't I
> have lost my "Desktop" and only had text only mode?

Task packages are (were) empty packages containing only dependencies.
They do not provide any functionality themselves, so removing them isn't
a cause for concern. Furthermore, task-x-window-system-core was removed
from the archive over a year and a half ago, and has been replaced by
x-window-system-core.

Cheers,