Pioneer 105 DVD ... How to Burn?

OK, I admit I'm throwing in the towel without exhasting every google
link and every FAQ, but I just want to burn a darned DVD ....

What packages and magic to I need to conjur to make this occur?

The drive and all scsi-emu stuff is in place, I just keep getting
various and sundry errors trying to actually burn something.

"Unknown media" is a popular one ... but others as well.

Anyone have success here?   I'm running unstable and have cdrecord,
dvdrecord, dvd+rw-tools, mkisofs and probably lots of others installed
... just trying to cross the void ...

--
Hank Marquardt <hank@yerpso.net>
http://web.yerpso.net