Re: Can't figure out CVS

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:45:40PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
| Hi,
|
| How do I use cvs to download the entire source tree of a project from
| a cvs repository? (rhide, from sourceforge)

First read the directions :-)
    (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=32142)

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rhide login
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rhide co modulename

| I'm wasting too much time online via dialup trying to figure out where
| the "modules" are, or how to identify them.

Often the project has a single module named the same as the project.
You can confirm this using the "Browse CVS Repository" link on the
instrution page.  I just verified that rhide has a single module
called "rhide".  So the above instructions, when completely fleshed
out, are :

    $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rhide login
    $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rhide co rhide

HAND,