Re: Pioneer 105 DVD ... How to Burn?

On Thursday 23 January 2003 05:25 pm, Hank Marquardt wrote:
> OK, I admit I'm throwing in the towel without exhasting every google
> link and every FAQ, but I just want to burn a darned DVD ....
>
> What packages and magic to I need to conjur to make this occur?
>
> The drive and all scsi-emu stuff is in place, I just keep getting
> various and sundry errors trying to actually burn something.
>
> "Unknown media" is a popular one ... but others as well.
>
> Anyone have success here?   I'm running unstable and have cdrecord,
> dvdrecord, dvd+rw-tools, mkisofs and probably lots of others installed
> ... just trying to cross the void ...
>

> --
> Hank Marquardt <hank@yerpso.net>
> http://web.yerpso.net
> GPG Id: 2BB5E60C
> Fingerprint: D807 61BC FD18 370A AC1D  3EDF 2BF9 8A2D 2BB5 E60C

Hard to say from the info provided :)  This burner doesn't do dvd+rw only
dvd-r/w. I have the same burner, I have a Woody system  and I compiled
dvdrecord from unstable sources, 'apt-get source -b dvdrecord'. I did
notice on another box (unstable) that the latest version of dvdrecord
1.3.x didn't work, media errors. Reverting back to the previous version
of dvdrecord fixed it though.

What do you get from 'dvdrecord -scanbus' or /cat /proc/scsi/scsi' ?

dvdrecord does't have any special depends, works just like cdrecord.
--
Greg Madden