Re: Can't upgrade from slink to woody!

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 10:36, Pigeon wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:17:22AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 14:41, Pigeon wrote:
[snip]
> What a shame that such a useful program has undergone no development
> since 1999. What does everyone do - use 80x25, use framebuffer or run
> console apps in xterms? The svgatextmode docs give framebuffer as the

Yes!!!

If you're a die-hard text-mode kinda guy, then get a really light
weight X window manager, and then you can have as many consoles as
you want, as big or small as you want...

I'd go for non-framebuffer, though, because if the framebuffer
freezes, reboot, but if X hangs, ctrl-alt-BS.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |