Re: Can't upgrade from slink to woody!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 02:25:24AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 01:15:04PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Could you try updating to Potato first?  That way, you won't be
> > making such a huge version leap in almost every bit of software
> > in one step.

This is definitely the recommended option...

> Would I not then need a set of Potato CDs? (Doing it over dialup is
> not an option...)
>
> But I can't upgrade to anything if apt-get update is gonna segfault on
> me!

Upgrade apt and dpkg first, before you try anything else.  apt would
have undergone enormouse changes in the, what, 3 years between slink and
woody.  Anyhoo, give that a shot...if that still doesn't work (and I'd
imagine you'll have further difficulties later on...), upgrade debconf
and other important looking things first as well.

-rob