amavis finds virus though there is none

Hi,

it seems that I've managed to successfully install amavis
(amavisd-snapshot-20020300) on my mailserver, using f-prot as
virus-scanner :)

But in the first testmail with an attachment I've sent, amavis
reported to have found a virus. The attachment was the file
amavisd-new-20021227-p2.tar.gz, and the report says:

> /var/amavis/amavis-XX5rSwXg/parts/part-00033 Infection: New or
> modified variant of Trivial

Neither checking the archive with f-prot directly, not unpacking it
and scanning the directory containing the unpacked files, can find a
virus.

Sending testmails with other attachments didn't report any viruses, so
this must have to do with that particular attachment.

What may be going on here?

PS: MTA is exim

GH