Re: Autofs

hi ya joakim

> > >  /etc/auto.misc:
> > >  /-----------------------------------------------------------------
> > >  | # $Id: auto.misc,v 1.2 1997/10/06 21:52:04 hpa Exp $
> > >  | # This is an automounter map and it has the following format
> > >  | # key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
> > >  | # Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage
> > >  | kernel		-ro					ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux

> > it's not automounting...
> > 	- what is the error messages in /var/log/
>
> Nothing is logged.

something should be logged ... donno where in your box it would be
	messages or syslog   in /var/log
	or possibly /var/log/autofs/*

> What I was actually interested in was having a special file/directory
> in my file-system which was "linked" to file on the web (read only),
> e.g. like this:
>
>  debian.faq -> http://www.debian.org/documentation/faq.html

make sure that faq.html and other doc files is exported readonly
and you can use the ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux template as
an example config setup

	than you can do
	ls -la /var/autofs/misc/debian.fq

but its probably easier to mirror the documentation locally than
to try to get it automounting if debian.org/documentation is not
exporting itself

c ya
alvin