Re: Burning a CD without ide-scsi

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 20:39, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:26:13PM +0000, Rus Foster wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I've always burnt CD's using ide-scsi and xcdroast. However I'm wondering
> > is there a way I can burn CD's onto my IDE burner without using SCSI
> > emulation?
>
> Not that I know of in Linux. Are you having problems with it or just
> looking for a change?

Well, it happens that I also have problems with ide-scsi
I used to burn CDs perfectly using this emulation on Mandrake and RedHat, but
after I moved to debain, and enabled IDE SCSI emulation, my USB devices don't
work (programs aren't able to detect USB devices), while it used they used to
work before the emulation was enabled. I also wonder if there is a way to
burn CDs without IDE SCSI emulation.
--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.