Re: Error updating unstable non-free Packages

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 01:51:48PM -0500, Narins, Josh wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:06:05PM +0800, Tim Wood wrote:
> >> I get a parsing error in  unstable non-free Packages, which results in
> >> "Dynamic MMap ran out of room" error.
> >> This occurs parsing package graphviz (NewVersion1).
> >>
> >> If this is a bug where do I report it as occuring?
> >> If not, where might the fault lie?
[...]
> OK, why?
>
> What changed that, all of a sudden it seems, this question is popping up all
> over?

Evidently some combination of package lists recently started to exceed
the default limit. I don't see this problem tracking only unstable; I've
seen stable+testing+unstable suggested as the problem.

If you're trying to track all three of these, it might be worth
considering if you really need to. (Of course, it's still a bug in apt
for dealing with its limit being reached quite so gracelessly.)