RE: [SOLVED]: Re: sound card detection problem

Thankyou! That seems quite obvious. I probably fiddled with the
permissions _before_ I realised about the audio group, in an attempt to
get sound working the first time and stop seeing error messages. There
must be a lot of little things like this that I do to get the right
result but perhaps not in the right way :-/

Jon.