Re: looking inside zip/tar files with nautilus2

On Saturday 18 January 2003 10:41 am, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
> I have:
>
> numenor# dpkg -l | grep nautilus
> ii  libnautilus2-2 2.0.0-1        Shared libraries that part of Nautilus
> (GNOM ii  nautilus2      2.0.0-1        file manager and graphical shell
> (GNOME2) ii  nautilus2-data 2.0.0-1        Development files of Nautilus
> (GNOME2)
>
> What else do I need to install in order to be able to look inside various
> archives? (i.e., *.zip, *.tar, *.gz, *.bz, etc)
>
> Currently, when I click on one of the archives, Nautilus complains that it
> has no install viewer capable of opening those files.

There is no viewer for in nautilus for those files :)

file-roller is the gnome2 archive generator/extractor, if you apt-get it it
should associate the mime-types to itself, and clicking an archive will open
it in file-roller.
--
First Impressions are Bunk.