Re: exim wierdness

* Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net> [030115 16:26]:

> That is because hotmail.com and canoemail.com are not "local domains"
> for exim. What do you get if you run the exim command above on these
> addresses?

That works out nicely, giving router and host info.

> Do you remember what option you chose when you ran eximconfig?
> Basically, you should never enter 'informaat.nl' into eximconfig at
> any point, because you do not want it treated specially.

I don't remember (it is all a bit hazy I have been learning so much
since switching over to linux, and the initial install was something of
a blur.:))

But I do rememeber sticking informaat.nl in somewhere, and when I went
to the config file I have changed the settings and they are working now :)

> Look in /etc/exim/exim.conf for a line like this
>
> local_domains = localhost:informaat.nl

That is one of the ones I have corrected.

> That is probably the culprit (particularly if you chose the smarthost
> option in eximconfig). Remove informaat.nl from it, make sure that
> only localhost and your hostname are defined as local_domains (read
> the comments in the file for this variable), rerun the exim command
> with -bt to test that the informaat.nl domain is treated similarly to
> the others.

I have run the test and all is well now.

Thanks so much for your help, the mail has been the rockiest road so
far, now for the challenge of getting mutt and ldap and the work
exchange server to talk.....

Thanks again,

rohan