Re: exim wierdness

    "Rohan" == Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls@informaat.nl> writes:

    Rohan> If I have an email with a '.' in the "localhost" name
    Rohan> (before the '@') it gives an error that the "localhost"
    Rohan> name is invalid.

    Rohan> This does not happen when the "localhost" name has no '.'.

You wanted to sy 'local part' not 'localhost' here.

    Rohan> So:

    Rohan> rohannicholls@informaat.nl - no problem (although this
    Rohan> address doesn't exist)

    Rohan> rohan.nicholls@informaat.nl - gives an error.

What error? Please tell us what exim complains about as precisely as
you can.

    Rohan> This is a little urgent as I would like to use exim as my
    Rohan> smtp mailer, because it doesn't mind if I am at work or at
    Rohan> home it still delivers mail.:)

What does '/usr/sbin/exim -bt rohan.nicholls@informaat.nl' produce?

I am presuming of course that informaat.nl is *not* the mail domain
for you Debian machine.

Cheers!
Shyamal