Re: OpenOffice language locale

I cannot install the unstable version of openoffice.org.

Chris Halls wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:01:42PM +0000,
>
> This was a problem with the package openoffice.org-debian-files that should
> have been corrected in the latest version in unstable.

Steve Juranich wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:33:50 +0000,

Use "pinning".  You'll want to make an /etc/apt/apt.conf file that
looks something like this:

APT {
  Default-Release "testing";
};

(Be sure to replace "testing" with whicever branch you want to
follow.)

Done! (I used "stable".)

Then a/etc/apt/preferences file that looks like:

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 40

This will give all of the unstable packages a really low priority so
that they will never be installed automatically, only by specific
request from the command line.

Done!

I commented-out these lines to /etc/apt.sources.list:
# openoffice.org
# deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ testing main contrib

I added these lines to /etc/apt.sources.list:
# unstable
deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

I ran apt-get update. These files were read:
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Release
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/non-free Release
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages
Hit ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/contrib Release

OK so far! But, 'apt-cache show openoffice.org' gives the currently installed version: Version: 1.0.1-5+woody.2. Apt-get install openoffice.org reports that he current version is already the latest version.

A Debian website package search of unstable shows: Package: openoffice.org 1.0.1-7 [contrib] is the latest package.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

--
Chris Lale             <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>