Re: OpenOffice language locale

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:33:50 +0000, Chris Lale wrote:

> If I replace this link with something like
> deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib
> I will probably be replacing half my Woody stable system (I only have
> a dialup connection). Is there any alternative?

Use "pinning".  You'll want to make an /etc/apt/apt.conf file that
looks something like this:

APT {
  Default-Release "testing";
};

(Be sure to replace "testing" with whicever branch you want to
follow.) Then a/etc/apt/preferences file that looks like:

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 40

This will give all of the unstable packages a really low priority so
that they will never be installed automatically, only by specific
request from the command line.

HTH

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic