Re: Big difference in antialiasing

Narins, Josh wrote:

> [...]

Yes, but anti-aliasing, to the best of my understanding (I've never
written, nor studied the implementation of, an anti-aliasing font
renderer), is extra work beyond what's necessary to generate
non-anti-aliased glyphs. Once the jaggies are sufficiently small that
they're not a bother, why not make the font engine faster, and its code
simpler, by discarding the anti-aliasing?

If I'm wrong about this, and if in fact it isn't extra work to anti-alias
text, then sure, who cares if it stays in or not.

Craig