Re: suggestions for a fast web browser?

Hugh Saunders said:

> if you added some swap, maybe browser mem leaks would be such a prob as
> rubbish would be swapped out? [obv still annoying but maybe not as much!]

probably be just as bad if not worse. when the leak gets that bad it
can take several seconds to do anything in the browser, and if I switch
virtual desktops, and back again it can take 10-15 seconds for X to redraw
the app. if it had to dig into swap it may take much longer.

but it would help prevent crashes due to OOM though, but sofar I haven't
had such a situation.

since I posted the original message, phoenix has grown from 56MB memory
usage to 84MB usage, and opera has gone from 42MB to 104MB memory usage:<
I think opera's explosion in usage is due to a SSL site, I have had my
IDS console running in opera, it auto refreshes every few minutes, SSL
seems to cause the most trouble with opera.

nate