Re: make CD of only newest month of sid

One problem with the methods discussed is that we are only bringing
home a CD with updates to installed packages, thus will miss out on
the next kernel sub version, alsa etc. drivers for it, "emacs22"
etc...

>From studying man 5 apt_preferences etc., it seems to avoid the deadly
libc6 2.3.1-9 in sid, one could do:

# cat $PWD/preferences
Package: libc6
Pin: version 2.3.1-8
Pin-Priority: 1001

But why:
# apt-get -o Dir::Etc::Preferences=$PWD/preferences \
-s dist-upgrade|grep upgraded
296 packages upgraded, 21 newly installed, 87 to remove and 325  not upgraded.
# apt-get -s dist-upgrade|grep upgraded
684 packages upgraded, 58 newly installed, 3 to remove and 4  not upgraded.

when all the dependencies I've seen point to 2.3.1-1 only.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780