Re: make CD of only newest month of sid

R> Hi Dan,
R> hmmm, there's one more possibility: apt-zip. You first do an "apt-get
R> update" on your machine (will take closer to 15 than 10 minutes, I'm
R> afraid!-), choose the packages you want and run apt-zip. It outputs a shell
R> script which your friend can use to download the desired packages.

I also noticed /usr/share/doc/apt/offline.html/index.html 's wget method.

R> apt-zip doesn't create any Packages.gz file. Either your friend needs to do
R> that or you could create a symlink farm on your HD to the files on the
R> CD... The apt-ftparchive tool (apt-utils package) can create Packages.gz.

R> Obviously, this will only output the packages you selected, and not all
R> newer packages like you seem to prefer.

hmmm, nobody seems to consider that.  maybe I shouldn't either.

R> It would be possible to write some tool which does what you describe, but
R> you're on your own there... Try asking on debian-devel, maybe someone else
R> has done something similar.

P.S. Now I hear things like "do NOT use libc6-blah-9, use -8!"  Well,
after doing apt-get update, I see I am in line for -9 how can I insure
the lists I am about to create "pin?" the libc version?  Also for
getting sid apparently there are other connoisseur issues i should be
aware of?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780