Re: any experience with IBM Thinkpad A31, model 2652M5U ?

On Friday 10 January 2003 06:31, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:
> > That's depressing.  My A21 at least had an option at the time that I
> > bought it.  Too bad IBM, a big Linux supporter, can't seem to sell any
> > notebooks with Linux on them.
>
> When I bought my A20p, they were only offering the lower-end model
> with Linux.  That policy probably had a lot to do with it.

I bought a A31 a month ago, and nither did I have a GNU/Linux option, nor
could I atleast get a refund for my Windoze license. Not to mention that the
modem was a Lucent/Agere AMR softmodem, which doesn't work with Linux. I had
to buy a PCMCIA modem.

By the way, my model number is 2652M6U, but it's modem is the same as the one
you mentioned, it's modem doesn't work, the graphic card is a Radeon Mobility
7500, which I can't get 3D acceleration out of it. Other things seem to work
(The intel sound card, and power managment), but I haven't tested it's
wireless capabilties.

IBM: Linux everywhere, except desktop

Cheers

--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.