Re: HD access

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:10:28AM +0100, mess-mate wrote:
> You'r lucky :-)
> I've only '01 01 01 01....' after 'DMI pool DATA...'

This sounds like a LILO error.

> The BIOS recognize the nbrs of cylinders but not the size.
> I changed the jumpers to 15 heads and had no more success.
> I forgot, the HD is only a few mounths old (not an old one).
> I remember a similar message 6-10 months ago from an other user
> but forgot on what list :-(

Boot to a rescue floppy (or CD) and mount the root partition from the
HDD.  Run lilo.  If that works, cool.  if not, install grub - I find
it to be much more tolerant in these situations.

  Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by
  the abuses of power.
          -- James Madison