Re: HD access

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:23:42AM +0100, mess-mate wrote:
> Happy new year...... and
> I can't access my HD, 60GB, jumpers set to master.
> On the bios he's recognized as only +/- 8.5GB ???
> Tryed several settings in the bios as auto,user,mode, etc..
> without success.
> MB Pentium (1) 233Mhz.
> The strange thing is that he did it before I mounted him
> on my new box where he runs as a charm.
> Any help would be very appreciated.

I must be missing something, but it doesn't really matter whether your
BIOS can "see" all of your drive or not.  Linux doesn't use the BIOS
to talk to the drive, so as long as you can get linux to boot you're
ok.

I have an ancient Pentium 90 whose BIOS is convinced that no hard
drives are attached!  Yet the system boots fine :)

  They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
  temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          -- Benjamin Franklin