RE: Internet Troubles

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 12:51, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> This doesn't work, but the connection from the server to internet is okay.
> The connection from the day-to-day computers is also okay. It's an error on
> the server, because when I ping from a day-to-day computer I can't ping,
> only the server. From the server I can ping both internal and external. Is
> there a conflict in the hardware? Sometimes (so not always) there are
> collisions in one of the Ethernet cards if I do ifconfig.

The firewall s/w is on the server?

You say that behind-the-firewall PCs *can* surf the internet?  Just not
ping?

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:20:30PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After an install of two 100 mbit network card from sweex on my server
> > I've got a weird problem. When I ping outside, it's okay. When I ping
> > inside, it's okay. When I want to use internet on a normal day-to-day
> > there's no connection. The firewall is configured properly, dhcpd
> > works fine but I can't get a outside-connection. Ifconfig -a output is
> > correct. I formatted twice and installed again but it didn't help.
> > What's going wrong?
>
> check and try:
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ipforward

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |