Re: HD access

* mess-mate (messmate@tiscali.fr) wrote:
> Happy new year...... and
> I can't access my HD, 60GB, jumpers set to master.
> On the bios he's recognized as only +/- 8.5GB ???
> Tryed several settings in the bios as auto,user,mode, etc..
> without success.

I suspect that's your problem right there. The bios on that machine's
gotta be around circa 1996ish or so? It wasn't common for bioses of that
era to be able to handle capacities of that magnitude.

See here for more info. You may be lucky and be able to upgrade the
bios.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.2

HTH,

--
(    )      |Euan Buchanan                        | _o)
 ~oo~       |Watford                              | /\\