Re: audio recording is fast

Steve Juranich wrote:
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this (busy holiday
season is to blame). Did you ever get it worked out?

thanks for writing back. I have no idea what was causing this, but it's not happening now.

After a few days of not being able to figure it out, I booted into windows to try it with audacity there. It worked fine. I booted back into debian & it was still acting the same.. sounded fine recording but played back really fast. I ended up spending most of the holidays booted into windows for recording. I finally got back into debian this morning and it's not happening anymore.

This still sounds suspiciously like a sampling rate error.  Could it be
that audacity/gramofile is writing a bad header?  One thing to do is to
use a cli-based playback utility (like "play" from the sox package) so
you can manually set the playback sampling frequency.  This might help
you understand a little better what's going on.

I'll keep it in mind. There's definitely a lot going on here I don't understand.

Thanks again,
Kenneth