Re: Kernel - compile error

 --- Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> escreveu: > On Sun,
Jan 05, 2003 at 03:36:36PM -0300, Rodrigo F.
> Baroni wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> >     Kernel 2.4.18 in a 233Mhz PC Pentium 233Mhz,
> > LMR591 mother board (everything on-board) - after
> > compile the kernel (#make bzImage) the follow
> error
> > appear:
> >

> >      "make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your
> build
> > may be incomplete"
> >

> >       I got to boot with it, but I don't know if
> it
> > there isn't some problem... since it will be a
> node in
> > a cluster..
> >       Does anybody knows what's going on ?
>
> make adds some smarts to software compilation: it
> only rebuilds things
> whose dependencies have changed.  For example, if
> example.o is built
> from example.c and includes header.h, then example.o
> will only be
> rebuilt if example.c or header.h have changed.  It
> does this by checking
> the modification time of files.  make, of course,
> recurses up the
> dependency tree.  It looks like make is getting
> confused about when a
> file was modified.  Are you running ntpdate or
> having clock problems?

  No. Yet, the same message ("Clock skew detected.
Your build may be incomplete") had happened in another
machine (PentiumIII 550Mhz, Asus p299 motherboard).
Maybe be some problem of the 2.4.18 kernel, I think...

  I had got another problem, but this don´t let the
compile get finish, saying about support to smp, but
since are machines mono-processor, I have disabled
support to it (SMP) - what give the follw error when
%make bzImage :

       nro_smp_processor not defined

  If I enable the support to SMP, the compilation of
kernel goes normally, but some drivers don´t work with
it.
   This have been a problem for some time to me...

Rodrigo

Busca Yahoo!
O melhor lugar para encontrar tudo o que você procura na Internet
http://br.busca.yahoo.com/