Re: Kernel - compile error

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 03:36:36PM -0300, Rodrigo F. Baroni wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     Kernel 2.4.18 in a 233Mhz PC Pentium 233Mhz,
> LMR591 mother board (everything on-board) - after
> compile the kernel (#make bzImage) the follow error
> appear:
>

>      "make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build
> may be incomplete"
>

>       I got to boot with it, but I don't know if it
> there isn't some problem... since it will be a node in
> a cluster..
>       Does anybody knows what's going on ?

make adds some smarts to software compilation: it only rebuilds things
whose dependencies have changed.  For example, if example.o is built
from example.c and includes header.h, then example.o will only be
rebuilt if example.c or header.h have changed.  It does this by checking
the modification time of files.  make, of course, recurses up the
dependency tree.  It looks like make is getting confused about when a
file was modified.  Are you running ntpdate or having clock problems?

-rob