Re: kde still sucks and gnome2 rocks why?

Paul Johnson sez:
} On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:10:09AM +0800, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
[...]
} > I hope you're not suggesting that thing that comes
} > with OSX?
}
} That piece of shit can't even do color control or terminal keyboard
} emulation properly (ssh from an OSX box to your linux box and just try
} running mutt...).

Not to defend Apple's Terminal.app (it *is* a piece of shit), but it
isn't quite as bad as that. The only thing it can't do properly is bold
text. You have to set the preferences to ignore bold (I don't remember
exactly where, but it's available from the UI and pretty obvious) and
use the right terminfo files (I don't remember where I found them but
I'll be happy to send them to you if you like). Once it's set up, it
works okay, though without bold.

}  .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
--Greg