Re: kde still sucks and gnome2 rocks why?

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:10:09AM +0800, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
> Are you talking about the xterm that comes with XFree86? My
> friendly neighborhood dict [WordNet (r) 1.7.1 (July 2002)]
> defines "garish" as "tastelessly showy". How can something as
> plain vanilla as xterm be "garish"? What are your ideas about a
> better xterm?

You misread me.  I was praising xterm and knocking the cheap
immitations of the same, specifically gnome-terminal and konsole.

> I hope you're not suggesting that thing that comes
> with OSX?

That piece of shit can't even do color control or terminal keyboard
emulation properly (ssh from an OSX box to your linux box and just try
running mutt...).

 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user
`. `'`