Re: kde still sucks and gnome2 rocks why?

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:10:09AM +0800, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
> Are you talking about the xterm that comes with XFree86? My
> friendly neighborhood dict [WordNet (r) 1.7.1 (July 2002)]
> defines "garish" as "tastelessly showy". How can something as
> plain vanilla as xterm be "garish"? What are your ideas about a
> better xterm?

You misread me.  I was praising xterm and knocking the cheap
immitations of the same, specifically gnome-terminal and konsole.

> I hope you're not suggesting that thing that comes
> with OSX?

That piece of shit can't even do color control or terminal keyboard
emulation properly (ssh from an OSX box to your linux box and just try
running mutt...).

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user