Re: SPAM fiiltering

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 00:11, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:02:51AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > These usually have some promotion of features on the originating website
> > - enough to trigger spam filtering. Unfortunately, my attempts to rescue
> > these with whitelisted addresses has proven useless as I'd said, because
> > by my experience, SpamAssassin doesn't always read or apply that list.
>
> Did you ever enable whitelists?  It's something that needs to be done
> by hand.  Dig around in /etc/spamassassin.

Yes - that is why they do work sometimes, from what I see on the spam
summary charts. As I said in a previous message in this thread, though,
I don't have the time to sort out why it was inconsistently referring to
those entries at this point, otherwise I'd be going through the source
code as well and getting the evidence and directions for a bug report (I
try not to report a bug until I can find enough information to leave the
solution near to trivial for the maintainer.)

> --
>  .''`.     Baloo Ursidae <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian admin and user
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than to fix a system
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org