SPAM fiiltering

I am looking to start using a spam filter on my mail.  I was wondering
if anyone on this list had opinions/suggestions on the best one to use.
I am using Evolution as my mail client, and postfix/woody on my mail
server.  I looked on line for some documentation on how to use
spamassassin on my woody system, but the documentation that I have found
says it needs better than the 2.20 that is in woody.  I also heard about
this new abyssian filter technique and I was wondering if there was any
of those avaliable for evolution or postfix.  I would rather have
something for postfix because I would like to share the spam filtering
capabilities with my roommate.  Any howtos or advice on how to get spam
filtering going?  Thank you for any help

-Scott Henson