My own stupidity [was: How to mount external usb drive]

Oh stupid me - I did not think for at least 0.01 Euro!
All I had to do was enable USB support in the BIOS.

Clearly one more of these "This guy did not do his homework properly"-cases.
I hope I did not cause too much headache to anyone of you.

Thanks anyway

joerg