Fwd: Re: How to mount external usb drive

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2002 16:43 schrieben Sie:

>     Joerg> is detected.  usbview says "Can not open
>     Joerg> /proc/bus/usb/devices", which does not exist.  It says
>     Joerg> furthermore "verify that the usbdevfs is mounted".
>     Joerg> However, I have a kernel without devfs, does that make it
>     Joerg> impossible to use usb drives?
>
> No.  usbdevfs is available if you configured CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS when
> you compiled the kernel.

OK, done now.

> Try:
>
> mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb

Not necessary, it is mounted automagically. dmesg shows

usb.c: deregistering driver usb-storage
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.

when doing "modprobe usb-storage"

This is not exactly what "http://bjorn.haxx.se/isd200/"; says. I'm missing my
jukebox :((

> Or add:
>
> none            /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        defaults        00
>
> to your /etc/fstab.
>
>     Joerg> Thanks for helping me (or pointing me to the right docs...)
>
> The "right docs(tm)" would be found at
>
> http://www.linux-usb.org

OK, I'll have at look at there.

> Marshal