Re: debian installation problem: AT keyboard detection with ASUS-A7A266,

    "Travis" == Travis Bradshaw <tbradshaw@sbcglobal.net> writes:

    Travis> I'm currently running into a problem with installing
    Travis> debian with my ASUS A7A266 motherboard regarding an "AT
    Travis> Keyboard not present" error.  My current RedHat 7.2
    Travis> installation behave(s|d) normally during installation and
    Travis> typical use, and so I never noticed a problem before.

Travis,

Are you using a USB keyboard? What kernel version?

I use a USB keyboard with a Soyo K7V Dragon+ mobo. I see the "AT
Keyboard not present" message, but with a stock 2.4.18 k7 kernel image
things go okay later (I don't have a keyboard when initrd gives me 5
seconds to get a shell, but hey.....).

If you are using a USB keyboard, try the bf2.4 boot floppies. That
kernel comes with more USB support (personally, I installed with a
standard AT keyboard using a idepci 2.2.x boot floppy in Woody,
upgraded to 2.4.18 and then switched to the USB keyboard).

I hope I'm even in the ballpark here....

/Shyamal