Specifying DNS suffix search path w/ DHCP on Debian

Hi folks;

OK, so I set up the ISC DHCP server on my home LAN to hand out IP
addresses, NTP servers, DNS servers, etc.

Everything works great _except_ apparently there's no way to specify the
DNS suffix search path via DHCP.

So, what do I do?  I don't see any way in the interfaces(5) man page to
specify a search order, and because I'm using DHCP my /etc/resolv.conf
file gets overwritten each time I boot so I can't just put it there.

Do I really have to do something completely hacky like create an "up"
script to whack the contents of /etc/resolv.conf myself?  What am I
missing?  Thanks...