Re: Command for random? recursive?

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 05:47:49PM +0900, Elijah wrote:

> works great now (for ztxt), but whenever it opens mplayer it closes
> the window immediately before playing and plays the next file, this
> keeps going until the end of the mpg files. Can I delay the recursing
> until the current file is done playing?

I believe the command you are looking for is "wait", it's a builtin
command of bash (and probably many other shells):

   wait [n]
      Wait  for  the specified process and return its termination sta-
      tus.  n may be a process ID or a job  specification;  if  a  job
      spec  is  given, all processes in that job's pipeline are waited
      for.  If n is not given, all currently  active  child  processes
      are waited for, and the return status is zero.  If n specifies a
      non-existent process or job, the return status is  127.   Other-
      wise,  the  return status is the exit status of the last process
      or job waited for.

--
Jamin W. Collins