RE: Debian questions

I’d like to thank all those who helped out, Nate, Moops and Rob Weir, with the two questions I posted below.   I was able to get the SMP kernel 2.4.20 compiled and working after two days of trying.  The NIC problem has reached a new level where I can see the card after ‘ifconfig –a’.  I now have a problem of setting it up for DHCP.  I have dhcp-client installed but when I type ‘ifconfig eth1 dhcp’ I get the error ‘DHCP: Host name lookup failure’ Do I have to configure the dhclient.conf for this card?  How do I do that?

 Once again any help would be appreciated.

Reaz