Re: Compiling a kernel on an UltraSparc?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 12:02:33AM -0800, nate wrote:
> I don't have personal experience with linux on sparc yet, Downloading
> the woody ISOs for it now and plan to install it on my ultra 1 probably
> tomorrow though.

Don't waste time with the ISOs.  Set up a RARP server and TFTP server
on an existing debian box, and do the netboot thing (details at the
debian website).  It's easy, fast, and works great.

  For myself, I can only say that I am astonished and somewhat terrified at
  the results of this evening's experiments.  Astonished at the wonderful
  power you have developed, and terrified at the thought that so much hideous
  and bad music may be put on record forever.
          -- Sir Arthur Sullivan, message to Edison, 1888