Re: simple exim configuration

At 11:17 PM 12/18/02 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
>What do I need to do to get exim to get mail from my ISP?  Or at least
>where is the best document or tutorial to read to answer my own questions?

exim doesn't fetch mail

fetchmail fetches mail.

from the sound of it you don't really need exim (or any MTA) at all, but you
might want to have it configured to forward mail to your ISP - up to you.

if you're going to be sending all your mail from mozilla mail it might not be
worth worrying about.

if you want to use mutt then go with option 3 for a satellite system from
eximconfig
and set your  aliases the way you need them

fetchmail to get the mail, procmail to sort it, mozilla or mutt to display it,

you're all set.

    Not yet is the spirit of that pristine valour
    extinct in you, when girt with steel and lofty flames
    once we fought against the empire of heaven.
    We were -- that I will not deny -- vanquished in that conflict:
    yet the great intention was not lacking in nobility.
    Something or other gave Him victory: to us remained
    the glory of a dauntless daring.
    And even if my troop fell thence vanquished,
    yet to have attempted a lofty enterprise is still a trophy.

    --From La Strage degli Innocenti (The Slaughter of the
Innocents) by Giambattista Marino (1569-1625)