browsers crashing

I recently got a new system with debian/woody installed, and I'm
finding my web browsers _very_ unstable.  The problem is worst with
Mozilla and Galeon.  Netscape 4 is better, but even it seems to crash
much more often than it did with my old 133 MHZ Pentium system.

With both Mozilla and Galeon, the frequency of crashes seems to
increase with time.  It has got to the point now that they are almost
useless, since they crash on about every other web site.

If I start a new account (or clear out all the "dot" files in my home
directory), it seems to stop Mozilla from crashing.  But eventually
(after several days), it starts to crash again.  This is extremely
annoying.

Any advice?  Anyone know what might be happening?

--
David Zelinsky