simple exim configuration

I have been looking through exim documentation for quite a while and I am almost as confused as when I started.

What do I need to do to get exim to get mail from my ISP? Or at least where is the best document or tutorial to read to answer my own questions?

Is procmail a good choice for filtering my mail from three different usernames into many mailboxes. For the moment I have all the mail directories set up by Mozilla. I do have Mutt installed and this time around it actually works.

TIA,

Paul Scott